We Dip, Coat, and Create
Stunning Designs That Transform Your Look
Here at Liquid Transformations, we are a team of people that works together to help you express yourself to the world. Let me shed some light on the team. We have a combined 80 years of industry experience. We have a wide range of expertise, from Automotive Customization, Interior Design, Decorative Design, Automotive Electronics Installation, and Computer Science to Information Technologies. Our team has the experience to get you there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Prep: We analyze the surface to be processed. Some items need one or multiple steps to prepare the item for printing. We can choose media blasting, sanding, adhesion promoter, primer or even flame treatment. It all depends on the job. Dry or Cure time is necessary after this stage.
Base Color Painting. A coat of specialized paint is applied to the part. This paint serves as the base color to accentuate the film. This also serves as the bonding agent between the part and the transferred inks. This part is where an additional level of customizability is available since we can custom mix any shade of the rainbow with our paint mixing system. The paint must be allowed to dry after application and a QC inspection is done to verify adequate adhesion has taken place.
Hydrographic pattern application. Your chosen patterned film is now prepared for the dipping process. The film is carefully floated on the surface of the water in the dipping tank. After a brief relaxation period, the film is then inspected to be free of trapped air bubbles under the surface and imperfections in the print. An activating solution is then sprayed on the surface of the film re-animating the printing inks on the film. After the correct amount of time has passed depending on the density of the inks on the film, the ink is now ready for to receive the item to be printed. The item is strategically and carefully processed through the surface of the suspended ink. This is where the magic happens. Very much like dipping your finger through the surface of oil on water, the pattern coats the product evenly and consistently. All of the intricate recesses and curves have now been printed.
Rinse process: After the item has been printed, the remaining PVA backing film must be rinsed away to reveal the print. This is also where the part is inspected for any flaws that may have occurred through the printing process. At the point a flaw has been found either a touch up will be done, or the decision is made to reprocess the part. A passing grade moves it on to the next stage.
Clear Coat Application: A scratch resistant and UV protective coating is applied. This seals in the inks and allows you the customizability of either a flat, semi-gloss or high gloss show finish. Additional coats of clear can be applied. Depending on the application, wet sanding, polishing or buffing may be part of the process as well. This is where the finish shows its true colors and vibrance.
Final QC. One of our trained professionals inspects every part to insure its complete and finished printing. We do not return products to our customers unless they are up to our strict high standards. All of our customers demand high quality, and that is what we provide.
- Automotive: We can help you create the most amazing custom car interiors, exteriors, dash bezels, and engine bays, and more. Some common choices include carbon fiber finishes, wood graining (straight or burl wood), camouflage (fall camo, pink camo, predator camo, and just about any other kind of camo), skull patterns, and stone finishes.
- Marine: Customize a new boat or bring an old one back to its glory by printing your dash boards, cup holders, motor covers, and more. Water transfer dipping brings richness to your boat’s interior and revitalizes one that’s been weathered.
- Bikes and ATVs: From fenders to exterior skins and shells to wheels, hydrographic printing allows you to truly Make It Yours™. We can deck your ATV out in camo, give your motorcycle tank and wheels a carbon fiber finish, or make your mountain bike a true one-of-a-kind.
- Aviation: Add some bling to a new aircraft, or reinvigorate one that’s seen better days. Our designs are as durable as high-end hot rod paint, and with the biggest dipping tank in the region, we can accommodate just about anything you can throw at us.
- Home Décor: Faux finishes are not just all the rage, they’re actually a really smart choice. Hydrographic Printing is more affordable and customizable than wood trims, and they can be used on anything from cabinets to switch plates.
- Professionals: From chefs to hairdressers, there’s practically no limit to customizing your tools of the trade with water transfer dipping. Personalize your shears, curling irons, small appliances, and so much more.
- Gadgets and Gaming: Electronics can get the full-on Liquid Transformation treatment, too. Remotes, web cam, keyboards, and monitors can all be dipped. Geeks and gamers, we can do some incredible stuff with your Xbox, PlayStation or other console and controllers, too.
- Outdoor Gear: Water dipping is especially popular with tree stands, compound bows, arrows, and trail cams, but we don’t stop there. We can do some of the sickest designs you’ve ever seen for custom skateboards, snowboards, and skis; and our oversized tank is perfect for custom hockey sticks, golf clubs, and baseball bats.
- Firearms: Camo Dipping is the perfect way to customize your pistol, shotgun, rifle, or storage case. Stocks, barrels, and magazines are just the start of what we can do for you.
If you have a specific custom color, please contact us with details so we can discuss the procedures to follow. We can mix custom colors and translate solvent born colors to a waterborne formula. This may be the solution you’re looking for.
We prefer items be “paint ready” but not fully prepped with a complete coat of primer. As mentioned before, we have a specific formula for these chemicals to cross link and we would not prefer to gamble with your fresh paint and its ability to accept the process with other than pre-qualified materials.
This is a fairly quick process, but if more than two renderings are desired, we request a discussed compensation for our artist’s time to do this for you, as it does still require time and expertise. We can email you the results for your viewing and decision making.
We would be glad to do the first two for free! Really…..Free! Just let us know if you need more than 2 images rendered in the description field.
Its very cool to see your item with your choice of pattern applied. We have had many customers find their “Ahaa” moment, after seeing their pattern on their items image. Go to our Start Dipping Button and fill out the form. We will get the images back to you as quickly as possible!
- Many other paintable surfaces.
- Contact us with questions if your products material is not listed.
- Rubberized Items (Paint won’t stick if the surface is too flexible.)
- Clothing or cloth (Screen Printing does flat cloth very well)
- Human Body Parts (We have had some wild requests)
- Live Animals (Like we said, we have had some wild requests!)
- Full Sized Boats (Most boats are bigger than our tank, but there are some exceptions)
- Your Entire Trucks Body (People still think it’s funny to ask) (Tailgates do fit!)
- Your Space Ship (we got jokes too!)
- Paint (Base color)
- Dip (The pattern of your choice)
- Clear (The UV and Scratch protection to seal it in from the elements)
We do offer single stage paints, but this is only for painted objects that are not being printed. We offer the option to finish your products in a flat, semi-gloss, high gloss, and ultra-high gloss for a show stopping quality shine. We also have the ability to add tints to the clear coat to give the “candies” so many people demand to stand out from the crowd. Please contact us with your specific needs for pricing.
Still have questions?Contact Us
Visit Liquid Transformations
Hours of operation:
Saturdays – CLOSED/By Pre set Appointment. Please call for confirmation.